Applications for licenses must be made within 30 days after obtaining a dog or cat over 4 months of age. A rabies certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian and stating whether such animal has been spayed or neutered is required. The license period is for 1 year from the date issued.
Dogs and cats must wear identification tags or collars at all times, except when the animal is being shown in competition.
A license shall be issued after payment of the following application fees:
- Each unaltered dog or cat - $ 75
- Each altered dog or cat - $ 10
Licensing fees shall not be required for seeing eye dogs, any dog trained to assist the handicapped, or governmental police dog. However, the owner is still required to obtain a license.
Business Tax Receipts
Local Business Tax Receipts is the method by which a local governing authority grants the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation within its jurisdiction.
The following guidelines apply to any business obtaining a Business Tax Receipt:
- A Business Tax Receipt is not valid for more than 1 year, and all Business Tax Receipts expire on September 30 of each year.
- The Business Tax Receipt for each business shall be prominently displayed in the office or place of business, on a truck, conveyance or other appropriate place.
- Anyone opening a business within the City of Fort Pierce must first obtain a Business Tax Receipt. This applies to any type of business or profession, whether it be operated out of a home or office.
- The cost of Business Tax Receipts varies depending on the type of business classification and how many classifications the business will be using.
- Any advertising, including business signs and business cards, are required to display the same name as the name appears on the Business Tax Receipts.
Please allow 2 weeks to process your application for an Business Tax Receipts.