Fort Pierce Authentic Tours Advisory Board
- 3:30 p.m.
- 1st Thursday of each month
- City Hall, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 100 N U.S Highway 1, Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Agendas, Minutes and Meeting Officials
Agendas are available prior to the meetings, minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas and Minutes -
Fort Pierce Authentic Tours (FPAT) is an economic development initiative of the city, the goal of which is to build capacity and sustainability for local businesses that are involved or related to the eco/agri/nature tourism industry. The city sponsors grant opportunities for member organizations and also assists with marketing Fort Pierce as an ecotourism destination, featuring not only the ecologically diverse Indian River Lagoon but also significant upland nature preserves and ranches. Further information can be seen on the FPAT website.
The FPAT Advisory Board consists of 9 members, chosen from the tourism or related industries, all appointed by the City Commission. Board terms are for 2 years and no member shall serve more than 2 full consecutive terms or 4 years. The board reviews all applications for general membership in FPAT and recommends FPAT's marketing policies and grant applications, which are formally reviewed and approved by the City Commission.
All meetings are open to the public. Additional meetings may be held at any time upon the call of the Chairperson, or by a majority of the voting members of the Board, or upon request of staff.
Appointment of Board Administrators
The Board at its first regular meeting in June each year shall elect a Chairperson, Co-Chairperson and Secretary / Treasurer. No member may serve more than 2 full consecutive terms as Chairperson. The duties and powers of the officers of the Fort Pierce Authentic Tours Advisory Board shall be as follows:
- Preside at all meetings of the Board
- Calls special meetings of the Board in accordance with these rules and regulations
- Sees that all actions of the Board are properly taken
- During the absence, disability, or disqualification of the Chairperson, the Co-Chairperson shall exercise or perform all the duties and be subject to all the responsibilities of the Chairperson.
- Responsible to coordinate the taking of the minutes of the Board with city staff, keep all approved minutes in a minute book
- Keep records of the organization's budget and prepare financial reports, as needed
Please contact the Urban Redevelopment Department with any questions by 772-467-3169.