Business Impact Estimates
The following is a listing of Ordinances to be Considered by the City Commission.
|Subject||Ordinance Number||Date/Time of First Hearing||Date/Time of Second Hearing||Status||Click for Details|
|Impact Fee Moratorium||23-054||10/16/2023 at 5:05||11/6/2023 at 5:05||Open||Click Here|
|Police Pension Fund||23-059||11/6/2023 at 5:05||11/20/2023 at 5:05||Open||Click Here|
|General Retirement Fund||23-060||11/6/2023 at 5:05||11/20/2023 at 5:05||Open||Click Here|
|3307 US Hwy 1 Annexation||23-053||11/20/2023 at 5:05||12/04/2023 at 5:05||Open||Click Here|
|1703 Totten Road Annexation||23-061||11/20/2023 at 5:05||12/04/2023 at 5:05||Open||Click Here|
|Re-Establishing Debt Limit||23-062||12/4/2023 at 5:05||12/18/2023 at 5:05||Open||Click Here|
As approved as part of SB170 and effective October 1, 2023, pursuant to Section 166.041(4), Florida Statutes, the City is required to prepare a business impact estimate prior to enacting an ordinance, subject to exemptions noted in the Law.
This does not apply to the following types of ordinances:
1. Ordinances required for compliance with federal or state law or regulation;
2. Ordinances relating to the issuance or reﬁnancing of debt;
3. Ordinances relating to the adoption of budgets or budget amendments, including revenue sources necessary to fund the budget;
4. Ordinances required to implement a contract or an agreement, including, but not limited to, any federal, state, local, or private grant, or other ﬁnancial assistance accepted by a municipal government;
5. Emergency ordinances;
6. Ordinances relating to procurement; or
7. Ordinances enacted to implement the following:
a. Part II of chapter 163, relating to growth policy, county and municipal planning, and land development regulation, including zoning, development orders, development agreements, and development permits;
b. Sections 190.005 and 190.046; 351
c. Section 553.73, relating to the Florida Building Code; or
d. Section 633.202, relating to the Florida Fire Prevention Code.