Solid Waste Division
FP Solid Waste Team
Together we can make a difference!
Beautification and Litter Removal Efforts
Community Effort Picking Up Litter
The Solid Waste Division provides waste management services for Residential and Commercial customers in the incorporated city limits of Fort Pierce. The mission of the Solid Waste Division is to provide environmentally responsible and cost effective collection, disposal and recycling services. We are committed to provide reliable customer service in a professional manner.
The Solid Waste Division provides waste management service for over 14,000 homes and businesses within City limits. We collect over 47,000 tons of trash each year.
Waste collection service is provided rain or shine, except on these holidays: Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Service will resume on your following scheduled pickup day.
All residents must establish an account with FPUA before garbage collection services can begin. Please call 772.466.1600 to open an account.
- Collection times may vary as routing schedules change, and so it is very important to have all carts curbside by 7 AM on the day of your scheduled pickup. Ensure that it is not blocked or overflowing and that the cart does not contain unacceptable items.
- Leave 5’ of clearance around your cart and all other curbside services, including other carts or yard debris, vehicles, fences, mailboxes, power poles, etc.
- Trash should be bagged inside the cart to prevent any windblown litter during the collection process.
- Avoid placing the cart under low hanging tree branches, wires, building eaves or other objects (unobstructed).
- Please refrain from parking your vehicle in front or near the cart.
If none of these condition apply: Call the Customer Service line at 772-467-3794 or email.
Together with the help of all communities, we can build and sustain a better Fort Pierce.