FPRA Incentive Program
The Fort Pierce Redevelopment Agency (FPRA) offers several funding assistance programs to support redevelopment projects, commercial property improvements and residential infill development throughout the FPRA District.
How to Apply
- Ensure that your property is located within the FPRA District by checking this map or calling (772) 467-3786.
- Review the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form.
- A staff member will contact you within ten (10) business days of receiving your Pre-Application Form to determine your eligibility and provide information about the grant application period.
- Commercial Façade Grant - The pre-application period for this program has ended.
- The intent of the Commercial Façade Grant Program is to support the revitalization of the commercial corridors in the FPRA district by stimulating private investment in improvements that enhance the appearance of buildings and properties and eliminate blight and non-conforming design standards. This program is designed to encourage redevelopment of the FPRA by enhancing its visual aesthetics which will lead to increased property values, tenant occupancy, economic development and job creation. This program will complement other revitalization efforts to ensure the maximum leverage of resources and support local businesses.
- The Commercial Façade Improvement Grant Program offers financial assistance in the form of a reimbursable, matching (50%) grant up to $25,000 to the property or business owner for eligible expenses associated with improving the external appearance of their business and to encourage businesses to invest in their operations.
- Interior Uplift Grant - The pre-application period for this program has ended.
- Interior Uplift Grants provide matching grants to commercial property owners and tenants for interior upgrades with a focus on projects that remedy degraded building systems and extend the economic viability of the building.
- The Interior Uplift Program offers financial assistance in the form of a reimbursable, matching (50%) grant up to $10,000 to the property or business owner for for eligible expenses associated with the construction or renovation of commercial space.
- Business Innovation Grants - COMING SOON
- The Business Innovation Grant (BIG) Program is designed to assist businesses in the FPRA with $2,500 grants to improve and/or invest in new equipment and technology in order to adapt to a contactless business model in the pandemic environment, improve operations, increase efficiency, and reduce costs and energy consumption, retain and create new jobs, enhance the skill level of existing jobs, expand sales revenue, improve competitiveness or enter new markets.
- The BIG Program offers financial assistance in the form of a one-time grant in the amount of $2,500 to be used to purchase new equipment or technology, or improve or upgrade existing equipment or technology to be used directly in the business at the applicant's address within the FPRA.
- Residential Infill Incentive - COMING SOON
- This program is designed to promote the development of unimproved lots within the FPRA. The FPRA will provide $2,500 grants to the lot owner for the construction of new detached single-family home on their residential lot within the FPRA. Applicants must have approved building permit to be eligible. Incentive will be granted once C/O is issued.